Last week’s contest celebrating texting and the 21st birthday of the first SMS message had your fingers clicking! Here are six of our favorites:
- “Let my fingers do the talking.” -xBriex
- “Living in the world of LOL”- Monique
- “Breaking up – just made super easy!”-eleni
- “Generations of cursive down the drain.”- TigerROS
- “Remember when beeping someone was high-tech?”-Mzejay
- “Fingers clicking, responses whirring, communication instant.”- Olivia
As we enter Week Four of our Caption Contest, we honor a man whose actions freed a nation from oppression and whose words spread wisdom and hope around the globe. Nelson Mandela—anti-apartheid icon, South Africa’s first black president, and Nobel Peace Prize winner—passed away December 5th at the age of 95.
Photo courtesy of commons.wikimedia.org
You’ve already begun to honor Mandela with Sixes in our trending topics. In this week’s Caption Contest, please “Say it in Six” as you pay tribute to the man who taught a nation to overcome differences and hatred in order to better the lives of all. An international memorial will be held on Tuesday, December 10th, which will bring together world leaders, dignitaries and celebrities to South Africa to honor this legend. A state funeral will be held Sunday, December 15 in his ancestral hometown of Qunu in the Eastern Cape province. This week, share your tribute to Nelson Mandela’s life and work in Six Words.
Submissions accepted through Friday, December 13, 5pm EST.