Welcome to our second Six-Word Festival on Twitter! From June 4-6, this virtual storytelling celebration will consist of Six-Word prompts and tweets in response. Celebrities will share their own stories in #sixwords, retweet favorites and choose daily winners. A number of the best #sixwords tweets will be in a new book of Six-Word Memoirs, out in fall 2015 from St. Martin’s Press.
Check out the festival schedule and celebrity judge list, including the actor/singer/writer Molly Ringwald, Emmy-award winning anchor Maria Shriver, comedian Rob Delaney, Star Trek legend and social media superstar George Takei, Orange Is the New Black author Piper Kerman and cast members of the show including Jason Biggs, and more. Participating partners include Sesame Street, WNYC and BabyCenter.com.
• Six entries (maybe more!) tweeted during the “The Best Advice in Six Words,” “Six-Word Letter to My 3-Year-Old Self,” and “We Keep Our Marriage Alive By…” prompts will be included from our new book, Six Words of Advice from Writers Famous & Obscure, coming out in 2015 from St. Martin’s Press. You must tweet on June 4 between 1-3pm EST, with the hashtag #sixwordadvice and follow @sixwords (so we can find you).
• Each day during the festival, we’ll be giving away six Six-Word Memoir books at random times throughout the festival. All you have to do is tweet with the hashtags we’re using during each of the prompts, as well as follow @sixwords.
Want to take part in the Six-Word Festival? It’s easy.
1. Follow @sixwords on Twitter
2. Check back here on the Six-Word Festival page for the full schedule, real-time tweets during the festival, daily editors’ favorites, as well as all the judges’ winners.
3. On June 4, 5, and 6 share your six-word responses to challenges posed by our amazing cast of celebrity tweeters and judges.
4. Download the Six-Word App for quick sixing on the go.